We all know that rice is being one of the most common foods which are liked by everyone. There are different dishes which you can prepare for rice. But when it comes to making a meal with spicy rice, it becomes an exciting task to know.
Spicy rice is so flavorful that you can consume them without any extra topping or additional dip as well. You can eat the same without having any change in the same. But when it comes to looking for the same, it is a must to get sure which type of rice you want.
Steps To Prepare Spicy Rice
These are the steps that you are supposed to follow when you are looking forward to making seasoned rice.
- Rice: 2 cups
- Mustard seeds: ½ spoons
- Salt: according to taste
- Red chilly: ¼ spoons
- Turmeric: ½ spoons
- Chana masala: ½ spoons
- Heeng: ¼ spoons
- Coriander powered: 1 spoon
- Amchur powder: 1 spoon.’
- Food color: ¼ spoon (for color)
- Mix vegetable masala: 1 spoon
Vegetables You Need:
- Tomato: ½ cup
- Capsicum: ½ cup
- Onion: ½ cup
- Garlic paste: 2 spoons
- Ginger paste: 2 spoons
- Green chilly: ¼ spoons
- Peas: ½ cup
- Potato: ½ cup boiled
- Coriander: to garnish
Method To Prepare:
- Soak rice for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat the oil to an extent.
- Add mustard seeds to it. Wait till these get brown
- After this, add asafetida to it. Wait for 2 minutes.
- After the same add onion, Garlic paste, green chilly and ginger paste and fry them till these get brown.
- After this, add tomato and fry them also.
- Now add capsicum, peas, potato and add all the spices to it.
- Pour ½ cup of water in the pan and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
- In another pan, put the rice and allow them to be half cooked.
- When the rice gets prepared, to put them in the container having the vegetables.
- Mix them well.
- Just let the same to be on the flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add coriander to garnish it and serve it hot.
Your spicy rice is ready to cook. If you want you can also add drops of lemon to it and serve it with curd. This will give a flavor to this spicy rice and will also activate the taste buds as well. Additionally, you can use curd along with it as well. This will make it taste tastier.
Things Must Remember While Making Spicy Rice
- Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Add oil accordingly.
- must remember that you should not add excess water.
- Do not put green without washing them.
- Add salt according to taste.
- In case you are adding add a few drops. More than required will spoil the taste.
- Do not use the vessel excessively; it will destroy its appearance.
What else you want when you have such a bowl of fantastic spicy rice available with you. Just try this once at your home. Your family will go wow with it and demand more as well.